Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 554
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received the following email message today.

"Your HP ENVY 5544 All-in-One Printer is using a firmware version that will soon be obsolete. By updating it for free today, you will ensure that your printer continues operating securely and your HP Instant Ink service continues without disruption.

To update the printer using the front panel, make sure the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, then:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch the Setup symbol 

2. Touch Tools
  3. Touch Update the Printer
  4. Touch Check Now
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions. Your printer will let you know the update was successful.

You must update your firmware by 14 November 2020."

I followed these instructions but my printer says that "the most current updates have already been installed. No new updates are available at this time."

What do I do?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KenH4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the printer has the updates already installed you do not have to worry. The email is only if you don't have the updates installed. It would have been sent to everyone with the HP Envy 5540 Printer.

If you have any concerns with your account or the printer we are always here to help you 🙂

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KenH4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the printer has the updates already installed you do not have to worry. The email is only if you don't have the updates installed. It would have been sent to everyone with the HP Envy 5540 Printer.

If you have any concerns with your account or the printer we are always here to help you 🙂

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.