Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3000 - J310
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Is there anybody that can help me locate a driver for my printer?

HP website is telling me it cannot locate a driver.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3000-printer-series-j310/4066415

Thank you for the support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, this is clear that you have no drivers for your printer at hp.com...

The included driver in my previous post is for your printer and compatible with Catalina, please follow the steps included in my post, that should allow installing the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @swquantum,

I'd like to help!

HP Deskjet 3000 Printer series - J310 driver for macOS 10.15 are not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the Gutenprint website does not have the driver for my printer.

Is correct to say that my printer WILL NOT BE supported by either HP or Apple Mac software going forward???

Please advise at your earliest convenience. 

HP Recommended

The last driver update was for MAC os 10.8. 

We do not have drivers for higher versions and apple has no drivers aswell.

HP Recommended

that is obvious from searching the HP and Apple websites. 

but it doesn't answer the question I asked - is my beloved HP 3000 printer headed for the recycling bin???

HP Recommended

Hi,

First, follow below steps to run the HP Uninstallaer and remove any existing drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

Next, download and install below drivers:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/ASU/HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dm...

Finally, ensure the printer is Ready and connected to the Mac or to the network, open System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners.

Select your printer and then select the HP Deskjet 3000 option within the Use drop-down menu and press Add.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Shlomi -

Let's try all caps for clarity: THERE ARE NO DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTER.

That's the issue!

Steve

HP Recommended

Yes, this is clear that you have no drivers for your printer at hp.com...

The included driver in my previous post is for your printer and compatible with Catalina, please follow the steps included in my post, that should allow installing the printer.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Then what are we supposed to do...?

HP Recommended

That's worked!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Happy Holidays!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.