Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Deskjet 3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer is printing empty blank pages.

I have went through the  troubleshooting "cleaning steps" twice without improvment.

I have checked the ink (they are not empty).

When i run the diagnostics nothing shows wrong.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Plazzard,

I'd like to assist better-

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -Press and hold the Start Copy Color button on the printer control panel for 3 seconds to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24,

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, the same way. Which means there is nothing printed when printing out.

2) I have tried to print from Microsoft Word and Excel and also pictures from different picture/foto applications and directly from web browsers as firefox, chrome, Microsoft Edge.

I tried your suggestions to print a quality diagnostic page (see picture below) and as before there was no printing on the page. You can see some color strips at the top of the paper, thats all.

20201013_131726.jpg

I have alos updated all software and did the HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.4.1

It couldnt find any problem. The inc level is ok. Im using HP-inc. Everything is updated. I have cleaned the printheads and calibrated the printheads (with this software).

So it seems im back at square one.

Please help me fix this!

HP Recommended

This is a cartridge issue, to identify the defective ink try single-cartridge mode

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if it's a cartridge issue or a printhead issue.

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

If the cartridge is in warranty and has ink in it reach the HP phone support team.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region from you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended
Hi Jay_G24

I've send you an e-mail  reply too.

I tried the single cartridge mode but it didn't work with either black or color.

I also tried to follow the instructions to find out the warranty but it also didn't work.
I'm sending you a picture of the numbers from the back of my printer.

The cartridge dont have a serial number, just a product number (CH561E).

My region is Sweden.

I can't find the blue envelope, I just see a blue bell and printer icon.
20201013_195712.jpg
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.