Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue, and I've been using the printer happily for about ten years, before it suddenly seized up yesterday with this error message.

Can someone please send me the instructions for doing a semi hard reset, please, as my printer is currently only functioning as a very large paperweight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SorchaO,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I will send you the steps to perform the semi-full reset in a private message.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve the issue.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @SorchaO,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are getting Cartridge Error--Use Introductory Ink Cartridges that came with the printer.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer by checking the links below:

1. HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm using a Mac with a HP C6180 printer. The printer was actually giving calibration errors before this happened, but every time I let it calibrate, it just spat out blank sheets of paper and reset to giving the same calibration error again, so had cancelled out after this happened after twenty or so times.

HP Recommended

Hi @SorchaO,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I will send you the steps to perform the semi-full reset in a private message.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve the issue.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks a million, that semi hard reset worked and I'm back able to print again. The printer is still throwing the calibration errors every time I switch on, though - would you have any advice on that?

HP Recommended

Hi i am also having the same problem with my hp photosmart c6180 I have not useed this printer in about 4 years and went  to use it and this message came up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.