Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I need to install again my C6180 but the drivers disappear from the website, why the drivers are not available anymore???

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Seltix

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are trying to install a printer driver, I am glad to assist you.

There is no particular driver available for this printer model.

However, you can install the printer using Windows built-in driver.

Here are the steps:- Click here

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

That is the information found on the printer driver seccion but it does not work. At least with the wifi connection.

The drivers does exist, it was just removed from the site. 

Do I need to download them from another website just because HP remove it from the website?

Maybe I should had a backup from my previous installs but I did not think HP would remove it.

I also try with HP app from Microsoft store but it does not work either. 

If anyone has the setup please share. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Seltix

Follow the steps mentioned in this link to install the printer using Windows built-in driver:- Click here

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

As I said, it does not work, it does not find the printer.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @Seltix 

Try with the software download from the next link:

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

hello,

In the mean time I found a site with the drivers and its working now :

https://printerdrivers.com/hp-photosmart-c6180-driver/

I hope there is nothing malicious inside... I don't understand this decision from HP but ok.... its just sad...

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Like Seltix, I also need to install the driver for a C 6180 All in One Printer. 

The link that is provided is complete garbage and does not solve the problem here.   HP needs to simply put the driver back on their website!    We need a solution to this problem...not just a link that I found hours ago on my own that didn't do jack.  

@HP Printer Product Support - please help us resolve this issue.  The C6180 printer is a great printer and there is absolutely nothing wrong with mine.  I just need a new driver install on my new HP computer. 

Thank you.  

HP Recommended

No no, you're wrong, you need to use windows to install the drivers! I assure you that was tested and its working 100% ! xD

Its sad but they are not getting the drivers back, this is just HP pushing old users to buy new printers......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.