cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
SeattleSteve
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cannor configure printer.

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All in one printer. I cannot get my pc to recognize it further I cannot change or otherwise reconfigure the printer's network settings. When I try i get told that the feature of making changes to the network as the network is locked by the person who set up the printer.

I also noticed that the printer is connected to my 802.11n network  and the other wireless network which is not 802.11n. I believe that will not work,

Can you help me?

SteveGold.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,633 30,562 1,468 1,553
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SeattleSteve

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to your printer? 
  • What's the Wi-Fi light status on the Printer(Blinking or Steady)? 
  • Could you please share the picture of the error message such as printer locked?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation