Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Office Jet Pro 8025 printer was previously set up and working fine for all tasks (printing, scanning, etc.) for a number of months.  It is hooked up wirelessly to my computer through a router.  A short time ago, it displayed a screen titled "Use SETUP Cartridges" and the printer is now shown as off line.  I can not bypass or rest this screen and have followed the limited help instructions on-line (consisting of take each cartridge out and firmly reinstall the cartridge, and unplug and then repower the printer - Note that I have only used genuine HP toner cartridges in this printer).   Still stuck with an off-line printer with the SETUP cartridge screen displayed.  (NOTE:  I found that I did have the setup cartridges and I did install them.  (They didn't have any ink in them since I used them until prompted to replace them.)  That did not change the error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @spates,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving a "use setup cartridges" error.

We would have to perform an OOBE reset on the printer to bypass the error

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the support private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @spates,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving a "use setup cartridges" error.

We would have to perform an OOBE reset on the printer to bypass the error

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the support private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.