Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
office jet
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I have tried reinstalling to correct printing problem but it didn't correct problem of not printing in colour

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@paulw6

Which Officejet Printer do you have?

Are you able to copy in color?

Let us know 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is an Officejet 3831. It prints in colour with usb but not wireless. I have reinstalled 3 times but no change

HP Recommended

Are you able to copy in color?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I thought I had replied. I tried what you suggested but it didn't help, infact I can't now print wirelessly at all

HP Recommended

Let's reset the network settings on the Printer: 1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings . 2. Touch Restore Network Settings. 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once done, connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi: 1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch (Wireless). 2. Touch Settings. 3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. 4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.