Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 2520hc
Other

hp 2520hc doesn't print on apple m1 MacBook Air. scanning works fine but doesn't print anything. I have installed the appropriate driver using hp easy smart app from hp support page. apple support says its probably incompatible with apple silicon. is there something else I can do? does hp plan on releasing apple silicon specific drivers soon?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @saikat11,

I'd like to help!

Try updating mac and printer firmware

To update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac

Uninstall HP Easy Start

• Click on Spotlight icon and type HP Uninstaller or by opening HP Easy Start.
  • Click on Continue to uninstall the software.
  • When prompted for Password, type in your system password
  • You can also uninstall by opening HP Easy Start.

Download HP Easy Start and install the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I had already tried this, didn't work.

HP Recommended

Try the above steps -

1.)Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

NOTE: Make sure that the printer Kind is USB.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, Then click Add. 

6.) Try to print.

Let me know

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 7.37.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-03-02 at 7.39.24 PM.pngi

as you can see from the screenshots, Im getting a message 'waiting for printer to get available', even though it never gets available.

HP Recommended

I am unable to view the image, could you please re-send it?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 7.37.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-03-02 at 7.39.24 PM.png

I don't know what's wrong but I'm able to view it on both my Mac and phone. I'm re-uploading the screenshots again for you. 

HP Recommended

Could you try and print a test page?

--->go into printer & scanners

-->options and supplies, and print a page.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

printing a test page doesn't work, it was the very first thing that I had tried. the test page doesn't even show up in the print queue.

HP Recommended

I have been struggling for months too. Any luck yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.