Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

i had and 8610, best printer ever until I printed the final amount of document and it came up with a cartridge error.  Since then I have spoken to someone who worked for hP who said it was set to only do so many copies before it shut down.  You thieves.  It was working perfecting and I aligned and cleaned the printheads, so this is total **bleep** and no other print cartridge works because it is programmed from the factory to shut down.  Just want all of you to know they are thiefs.  No I have this POS 9015 which only has the 9010 driver available.  It prints 2-sided copies on its own and I was told it was programmed from the factory.  Have tried everything and not one of my documents nor have I ever used 2-sided printing.  I WANT THIS FIXED AND I WANT A FIX TO IT.  THERE IS NOTHING IN THE PRINT MENU ON THE MAC OR THE SETTTINGS OR THE DEFAULTS THAT SAY IT IS ON 2-SIDED PRINTING BUT IT CONTINUTES TO DO IT.  FURTHER MORE LEAVING OUT THE PAPER TRAY HOLDER TO MAKE THE PAPER STAY IN PLACE IS A HUGE MISTAKE BUT YOU PROBABLY DID IT TO CHARGE US MORE FOR INSTANT INKI PAGES.  ON TOP OF THAT , HP WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME MY 900 ROLLOVER PAGES TO THE NEW PRINTER AND THEY GAVE ME NOTHING.  I HATE THIS PRINTER.  WHAT A POOR PRODUCT FROM HP.  HP HAD THE BEST PRINTERS OUT THERE.  YOU WANT TO FIX THIS...GIVE ME THE PRINTER CARTRIDGE HOLDER THAT WORKS ON MY HP OFFICEJET 8610 ALL IN ONE.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow these steps to disable two sided printing:

Open the file you would like to print. From the File menu select Print. The Print window appears.

NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

Click the settings drop down, it will usually appear as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

By doing so and completing the print job these settings will remain default till another preset will be used in the future.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

WRONG ANSWER.  ALREADY TRIED ALL OF THIS.  THERE IS NOTHING SET TO 2-SIDED ANYWHERE.  HOWEVER, THE PRINTER ITSELF SAYS 2-SIDED AND NO ONE  TOLD IT TO DO THAT.  IT IS PROGRAMMED FROM THE FACTORY THAT WAY; THIS IS NOT SPECULATION. THIS IS FROM AN HP REPRESENTATIVE.  IT WILL PRINT 1 OR 2 SIDED WHENEVER IT WANTS.  ITIS A POS AND I WANT THE PRINT CARTRIDGE TRAY FOR MY 8610.  THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY UNTIL IT STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF A PRINT FOR A PRINTHEAD NOT WORKING.  I BOUGHT ANOTHER...IT DID NOT WORK AND THEN I FOUND OUT THEY ARE PROGRAMMED FROM THE FACTORY TO DO ONLY SO MANY PAGES AND THEN THEY BREAK.   I HAVE SPOKEN TO HP AND THEIR ANSWER IS...WE DON'T SUPPORT THAT PRINTER ANYMORE.  THIEVES!!!   SEND ME THE PRINTER HEAD THAT HOLDS ALL THE CARTRIDES THAT WORKS WITH MY PRINTER.  THIS IS THEFT ESPECIALLY TO SOMEONE WHO TOOK CAREOF THE PRINTER, CLEANED THE HEADS AND ALIGNED THE PAGES.  HIGHWAY ROBBERY.  YOU CAN BUY AND 8610 BRAND NEW ON AMAZON FOR $899.  NOW ISN'T THAT FUNNY WHEN I PAID A LITTLE OVER $200 FOR IT WITH TAX.  YOU SOLUTION DOES NOT WORK.

HP Recommended

STILL PRINTING 2-SIDED WHEN IT WANTS TO PRINT 2 SIDED.  SOMETIMES 1 SIDED.  AMAZING POS.Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 4.48.25 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.