cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp office jet 8600 doesn't print

HP Recommended
hp officr 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Office et 8600 updated driver 9/17/18...prints test page but nothing else...Prints from my wife's I-pad, but not at all from my Gateway running Window 10. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gbatmuirb

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer is unable to print from your Windows 10 computer but can print from an iPad. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Indeed this is a good observation by you as it indicates that the printer is fine. The evidence points towards a drivers issue. 

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool as it fixes any issues with the printer drivers/software:

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the computer.

• Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the on-screen prompts to install and open the tool.

• On the Welcome screen, click Start to view a list of available printers.

• Select your printer in the list, and then click Next.

If your printer is not listed or a connection problem is detected, click My product is not listed or select your connection type, follow the on-screen instructions, and then click Retry.

Example of a list of available printers

• Click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.

If you are prompted to install the printer software, follow the on-screen instructions. The software can resolve many printer issues.

Example of a list of available printers

• Review the list of test results, and then resolve any issues found.

• If you see a checkmark, the printer passed the test.

• If you see a wrench, HP Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it.

• If you see an exclamation point, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.

• If you see an X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Example of the results screen with a problem detected

You try to print from your Windows computer and check the results.

If the issue still persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best!

If the information provided was helpful, then please mark this post as "Accept as solution". That’ll help everyone find the solution and help the community to grow.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation