Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
inspiron 3647
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

last week , i had to do a complete restore of my pc . a desktop inspiron 3647 with windows 8.1, i naturally had to put my apps back in, all were ok before the restore . now when i restored the pc and reinstalled the hp app for my pc , it shows on my devices , that the device app is not installed , but it prints , i have done restores before , and this never happened to me before , i deleted the hp app in my pc and re-installed it numerous times , even used the print and scan doctor for set up, went into my control and made sure that this printer is my default printer and it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

what am i doing wrong , in other words , helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

thank you ahead of time

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bmwfixer, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you have mentioned you are able to print. So, what is the issue?

To assist you better, are you referring to the HP Smart app? This app only works on Win 10

Click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.