Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp tango
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have set up my printer but I can’t get the printer information page to give me the code to set up instant ink it’s just not in there and it’s saying I can’t use the cartridges until I’ve set up instant ink and just seem to be going round in circles as I can’t print anything now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@user_06222021

The printer information page is printed in black, so you will need the black ink cartridge. In your previous message, you have mentioned that the color ink cartridge is empty.

You may go ahead and try printing with only the color ink cartridge.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@trafficante, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to complete the printer setup. Kindly download and install the HP Smart app from Microsoft Store and resume the installation.

To obtain the printer claim code, enable web services using the HP Smart app.

Find the Printer Claim Code

For assistance with setup, click here.

if you are still having issues, refer to - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I haven't solved it.
I still cannot print the code, as I have run out of cartridge color and the print is not visible ...and i haven't display

HP Recommended

@user_06222021

As this model printer does not have a display screen, the only way to obtain the code is to print the information page. You will have to replace the empty ink cartridge to print.

This printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode.

Remove the empty ink cartridge and try printing. 

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

can I then print without a black cartridge?

HP Recommended

@user_06222021

The printer information page is printed in black, so you will need the black ink cartridge. In your previous message, you have mentioned that the color ink cartridge is empty.

You may go ahead and try printing with only the color ink cartridge.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.