Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 1510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I just bought a new Macbook Pro, which runs on Cataline 10.15.6, and my DeskJet 1510 no longer works. The latest HP update is for 10.15.3. Is there a workaround? Anything? My business has come to a screeching halt!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your exact printer model? HP has no model named as HP Officejet 1510.

May you refer to an HP Deskjet 1510 printer?

Please clarify the Product number:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03770424

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Right! It's the Deskjet 1510. My posts have been edited to reflect this, in order to assist others.

I have just found a solution and it's now working. I reset my printer systems, and then, removed the printer settings form my library. My computer automatically asked me to re-download the printer setting again, which I did, and that set us straight!

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem and several suggested workarounds haven't been successful.

I have a Deskjet 1510 and an iMac with Catalina 10.15.6   The iMac is seeing the printer, but when I click 'Print' nothing happens.

I have reset the printer menu, downloaded the Easy Start software more than once, disconnected power and USB cables, etc etc

Any suggestions ?

HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow HP Easy Start below to download the latest HP Essential Software and HP Easy Scan for your printer:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Once completing the installation try printing and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I've downloaded that before with no success, but I tried again anyway.

I couldn't progress beyond the point where it asked for my details on Product Improvement. It only caters for American Zip Codes and I'm in the UK, so I couldn't put anything in the box.

Consequently, I couldn't finish off the process.

I've tried printing anyway, but it still doesn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.