Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My old envy 5000 allowed me to have a 'scan' shortcut on my desktop.

How do I do the same for the hp 8010e ?

The scanning works fine from HP Smart App but is tedious to have to open this app and then select scan app button and then wait for that to load before I can scan.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow HP Easy start below, within the Software Selection screen select the HP Basic or Full feature driver option and complete the software installation, then an HP Scan software and shortcut will be added to your desktop:

https://support.hp.com/il-he/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-8010e-all-in-one-printer-ser...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.

The link takes me to an HP page in some weird language.

Taking a guess at the appropriate link button which seems to be related to an HP ftp download site does nothing useful, just opens a blank tab. Using Chrome on W10.

HP Recommended

Further update.

Opening the link provided in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome (or Edge) did succeed in downloading the HP Easy Start App.

Completed the install of that and extra shortcuts appear including HP Scan, however this just says 'The HP Officejet 8010 was not found'.

Not impressed.

Also strongly disliked the repeated attempts to get me to subscribe to 'Ink Delivery' during installation of the software.

So, an hour invested - no progress.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.