Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6835 e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I acidentally cut power to my OfficeJet Pro 6835 e-All-in-One printer and when it came back on it forgot its Network ID ( WiFi SSID, etc.) - at least that's what the display says.   When I try to re-enter my settings via the Wireless Setup Wizard and re-enter my SSID/passphrase it fails and i "Print Report" which says:

ATENTION: Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.  MAC Address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup.

SOLUTION: If MAC address filtering is enabled add its address to your to the list of permitted devices

I checked my router and I am not running MAC Addr filtering..

So Under networks I try to "Restore Network Defaults" which appears to work - but  I still cant print because my WiFi setting aren't there or correct. 

I'd like to try a Semi Full Reset please - can someone please email me the instructions so I can re-install my printer.  Hopefully I wont have to change my HP EPrint email address.

Thx

bigdaddy68_1

bigdaddy68_1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After you ran the Network reset did you run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to connect back to your router SSID with password?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After you ran the Network reset did you run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to connect back to your router SSID with password?

HP Recommended

Yes I ran it but entering the SSID and passphrase failed.  So I used the WPS (button push on router for 3secs) and this actually got me back to my orig settings or so it seems.  Everything seems OK now and I don't need semi-full-reset directions..

I will need to test HP ePrint to make sure that still works correctly

thanks

bigdaddy68_1

bigdaddy68_1
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.