Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7612

After doing a full reset in the hidden menu the printer starts and asks for the language and country (like it should do). 
After confirming it is displayed "To set up the printer and connect to the network, touch continue."
After doing that the display shows: "Initializing setup", but nothing happens. 
The printer does not seem to have hang up, because when you press the power button, the printer shuts down as usual. After pressing the power button again, you get back to "To set up the printer and connect to the network, touch continue" ...
 This happens with and without plugged in LAN-Wire. Eaven a new full reset does not help.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jens9

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click Accepted Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jens9

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing an issue setting up the printer after a factory reset.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you tried setting up the printer using a USB connection?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 
  2. Remove USB cable, if present. 
  3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge. 
  4. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer. 
  5. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been on the road all week, so I'm just getting back to you now.

I took your advice and tried all possible combinations: Whether I then try to connect to the printer via USB cable, LAN cable or via WLAN after unplugging the power cord, I always get stuck at the same place. The display shows "Initializing setup", but nothing happens.

Interestingly, the HP firmware updater recognizes the printer as connected via USB. However, since the firmware is up to date, that doesn't help much either.

Do you have any idea what else I can do? Is there a possibility to do a complete REFLAH of the firmware?

Best greetings from "good (c)old Germany"

HP Recommended

@Jens9

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click Accepted Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.