Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5258 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hp Officejet 5258-I need to change my email address in my printer so when I scan to email it will work.

My present email address not send out with that  said I like to change to another email format

Jack J Guglielmi
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bernard42_0-1675691668751.jpeg

Hello coach013,

Check on the download site, take Windows 11 64 Bytes. Important!

HP OfficeJet 5200 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

44.9.2759152.2 MBDec 2, 2021Download

My Tutorial :

Uninstall the old driver in Control Panel, "Programs and Features", then remove

all occurrences related to your printer name, in Program and X86 Program, and then in

configuration, right click on your old printer (If it's still there, chances are it's not there anymore)

''Delete'' if present.

Restart the PC, connect the printer to the mains, connect a USB cord on the PC side, on the printer you

will connect during installation ONLY when prompted.

Start installing your printer, by right-clicking on the Setup. downloaded driver exe, installed ''en

as administrator'', OK, let the installation take place, at the end of the installation,    restart the PC.

To create a shortcut on the Windows desktop, open Control Panel, right-click on your

new printer, create shortcut, on the desktop, yes.

A new shortcut has been created on the Windows desktop.

Go to the desktop, click on this new shortcut, to open the new operation menu of your printer.

Turn on your printer, print a test page.

That's it, your printer is working again.

Excellent Day.

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

Bernard42.
HP Recommended

@coach013 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

For those reading ---

Installing the full driver printer software is necessary to use HP Scan.

HP Scan, when accompanied by an appropriate installed email client software, supports "Email as" PDF or Image.

HP Smart (application), when accompanied by having added the sender's email address to Windows Mail, supports Share (to email).

If installing the software does not, by itself, complete the solution,

Try / Consider > Add / Update / Change the method and / or the sender's email address

=================================================

Printers that do not support SMTP Digital Sending options, provide the scan service using printer software or applications.

Where and how you adjust the email address you are using to Scan to Email depends on the software / application you are using to configure the scan job.

HP Scan (Part of the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software)

Install a supported email client software on the computer

Add the intended sending address to the email software

Example - HP Scan > Email as PDF

9025_HP_Scan_PDF_to_Email_39025_HP_Scan_PDF_to_Email_3

HP Smart - Windows - Scan > Share

Before using the Share feature, add your sender's email address to the Windows Mail application

Example - HP Smart - Windows - Scan > Document > Share

HP_Smart_Win_Scan_Document_Share_2HP_Smart_Win_Scan_Document_Share_2

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP OfficeJet 5258 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.