cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

printer driver unavialable

HP Recommended
hp envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please can anybody give me some ideas about this. My printer was working perfectly but is now saying driver unavailable. It is connected to the network and the laptop can find it but it just will not print. The computer states that I have all of the correct drivers installed and I have made sure that I have clicked on windows update to ensure any updates are complete. This is driving me mad!!

It seems that all of the necessary drivers are installed etc but the computer shows them as unavailable. 

Other times, which may be a result of me trying to fix this issue, when trying to install the drivers it says that there is a policy on my computer which blocks NT 4.0 drivers?

Thanks

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 426 597
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mike189,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to install the drivers for your HP e-All-in-One Printer to your computer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing any one of the following:

(a). Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.

(b) From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window. Click on the Drivers tab.

2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.

3. Click the Remove button.

4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: EN5540_Full_WebPack_1119.exe 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow 23,

I get to the stage 

2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
3. Click the Remove button.
4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

But when I click OK I see a message "Failed to remove driver HP ENVY 5540 series. The specified printer driver is currently in use.
Failed to remove package hpygid20.inf.

Since the printer is switched off I cannot understand why. Please help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation