Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

works with me...nothing to loose anyway...

HP Recommended

The printer shows that the file  has printed, but the printer does not react at all. 

HP Recommended

Since I upgraded my Apple laptop to the Big Sur, my HP OfficeJetpro 6968 comes out with the message: problem with printerhead. The printer is out of warranty. I went through the steps on website and it brought e here. What can I do? 

HP Recommended

I would suggest buying a new Canon printer which is what I am doing now after having the same issue with no solution. Perhaps they will have better customer service. I've got a HP1510 DeskJet operating Big Sur.

HP Recommended

That's my plan... I'm presently using an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 (with iMac OS Big Sur) that is not very old and suddenly no one is selling the ink?? (902XL). I did finally get the printer to connect with my iMac (and other wireless/airprint equipment) but had to uninstall it several times and reinstall it several times, finally using the disk it came with which just routed me to an HP web page.  I think it might be using generic software to connect though, because the scanner software appears different than what I had been using before the most recent printer update. It is ,however, NOT acceptable that I can't buy ink and that this printer is swiftly becoming a cumbersome paperweight. Yes, I understand from others posting here that certain colors 'might' be found here and there, but no one has multi-packs, there are no XL's available (period!) and not all colors are available at each location... NOR ARE THEY AVAILABLE FROM HP DIRECTLY. (Last time I looked only 'economy' yellow or black were available. What about Magenta? Cyan?) I have no intention of going from store to store to store during Covid, just trying to find ink. Even Amazon hasn't got the 902XL (except maybe black?). I've been faithful to HP for many years but am finally fed up. If ink is not plentiful by the time my current supply is gone, Canon will be getting my business.

HP Recommended

You might try uninstalling it completely, rebooting your computer, then using the disk that came with the printer to try to reinstall it? I had to fiddle with mine several times before I finally got it working.

HP Recommended

Yes, me. I finally completely deleted the printer and fax... then rebooted... dug out my original printer disk and attempted to reinstall it. The disk threw me to a web page to use HP Smart and from there I selected the software... I chose 'AirPrint' (when asked) and installed then...  rebooted again and tried printing... Thus far it's working (but I m still quite leary of touching anything that might upset the cart).

HP Recommended

My printer (LaerjetP1102w) worked with gutenprint after a few attempts. It's NOT listed as far as I can tell but one can't argue with success. It's working again. As long as Gutenprint is a secure source, I'm Okay with this solution. Thanks for all of the responses!
macmo

HP Recommended

It's nice that some people have found solutions to their printing problems with Big Sur.  As far as I can tell, all successes have involved wireless printer models using AirPrint, Gutenprint, etc.  My printer is USB-only (DeskJet 1055) and none of the suggestions have worked.  One of our household printers is an Envy 5530 model which can use both WiFi and USB and that does work with a WiFi connection.  I am still very disappointed with HP's management of this problem.  There's obviously a significant number of users of HP USB-only printers who have suddenly been denied the use of their otherwise functional printers.  I understand how the support of old models of printers might be a low priority, but there's nothing I've seen in the way of acknowledgement and some expression of time to correct the problem.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I have a LaserJet 3500. There are no drivers available for OS 11 yet & the download from Apple didn't work either. No idea if this is something they are working on fixing or if I have to throw away a $1200 printer and several new cartridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.