Did you mean: 
Level 4
163 102 3 9
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

"Door" of printer won't shut properly

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet p1102w

Not sure how to describe this, but the "door" at the top of my laser printer, where the printed pages come out, won't shut properly.  I just changed the toner, although I have done this a million times and never had a problem like this before. Nothing strange happened to pull the door out any differently than before.

But when I try to print, after having pressed down on that door, as soon as the printer starts making noise to start the print job, the door pops up just a half inch or so, and the printing discontinues. No pages come out. I will try to attach a pic to show what is going on. The one with the finger is the pic that has the door as it properly should be. Notice in the other pic, that this door has raised a bit. 

Any suggestions? I know it is an old printer (7 1/2 years old) that has given me my money's worth (some 85,000 pages printed), but I have read that these HPs can go a lot longer than this, and I'd love to keep it going if I can.Finger.jpg20210101_091207.jpg

HP LaserJet p1102w
2 REPLIES 2
Author
Level 4
163 102 3 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't see the attached photos. Not sure what is wrong with the forum attachment viewing. 

Anyways, here are imgur links for the two pics:

https://imgur.com/a/PBwbBaI

https://imgur.com/a/Da4yrWF

HP LaserJet p1102w
0 Kudos
Author
Level 4
163 102 3 9
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just updated the firmware for this printer, and the problem remains.

HP LaserJet p1102w
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation