Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I can print but have suddenly lost the ability to scan. Diagnostic says "Driver Check Issue not fixed" I rebooted everything

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

How the printer is connected to your PC, with USB or through the network?

Can you successfully make a color copy from the printer front panel itself?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. It is Wi-fi connected and can make colour copies from the front panel.

One colour ink cartridge is very low, according to the printer, though it is printing colour OK

HP Recommended

Just verifying as your comment is not absolutely clear.

Have you tried making a color copy by placing a page and selecting copy > start color from the printer front panel?

HP Recommended

yes

HP Recommended

This is the EXACT same problem that I am having with my OfficeJet 6960 connected via Wi-Fi. The printing and copying parts work fine, but the scanner does not see my comouter and whenever I run the Scan Doctor, it comes back with the message that "The Scan driver is unable to communicate with the product." 

This happened right after Windows 10 performed a required update so I am pretty sure HP and Microsoft need to figure out what got broken. When I completely uninstalled the printing software packet and reinstalled it, my Device Manager now only shows the printer as a fax and printer. Not an all-in-one and not as a scanner. 

I was able to go to the MS store, download the HP Scan and Capture app, install and launch it but that would not allow me to see my printer as a scanner, so when I selected the printer, it gave me a "general failure" error. I downloaded the HP JetAdvantage Capture app and it worked just fine. It will allow me to perform simple scans, but I would REALLY like it if HP fixed the real problem. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my printer after a Windows 10 update. Please help me fix this issue, for I need to be able to scan for my work. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator.

Be sure to confirm any prompt.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning, may you see any difference?

HP Recommended

Shlomil,

Thanks for your response. I figured out some other way to get things working again - a couple of months ago. I can't remember what the answer was - it was not complex.

I will remember your idea in case it crops up again.

Thanks

John

HP Recommended

I just tried this and I still get the same error - Driver Check issue not fixed, I can neither print nor scan through the network

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.