Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Today, I started getting an error message that says, "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage your computer.  I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and print wirelessly to a HP OfficeJet Pro 9015. I found a suggestion on the Apple support community. It said go to Library/Launch Agent and delete the most recent file.  I did and found two files.  These are, "com.google.keystone.xpcservice.plist (907 bytes)  and com.google.keystone.agent.plist (799 bytes) -both  Date Modified, Today 9:05 AM I put these in the trash. The error message still pops up.  I now leave it open as it will come back in seconds repeatedly.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks,  AK

Anthony W. Kuhns
30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Same issue I have an HP Envy 7645, Went to Apple first and they received a bulletin that should fix the problem so we followed the bulletin.  They advised to download HP easy Access I did but it would not unzip error code -1.  So this could not work for me.

HP Recommended

It really looks like those who are experiencing this issue are running older software signed with a certificate that expired today.

Please update your software using HP Easy Start

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Follow the prompts for setting up your printer.  When you get to the software download it will show whether the software needs updated or not.  If it does the box next to Printer Essentials will be checked by default and you just need to select the Install button.

The following should not be necessary but if you want to be extra diligent and guarantee a clean new install.

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Open HP Easy Start and Select the HP Easy Start Menu in the macOS menu bar.  In this menu select Uninstall HP Software.

3.Select Continue to start the Uninstall process

4. Once the uninstall completes.  Select Set Up New Device.

5. Go through the new device setup process by following the prompts.

6. This will lead to the software download/install prompt.

7. Select install and the remaining prompts to finish the process.

Edit:  Systems administrators and those unable to use HP Easy Start can use HP Easy Admin to download the software pkg files directly.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

OK followed your post and all reinstalled. The problem now is that I cannot run a scan direct from the printer as my Mac is not being recognised. I've done all the rebooting, turning wifi hub off and on and  reset everything I can. It prints direct from the desk top so it is being recognised in one direction.

Do you have any thoughts as to what I can try next?

I have a 6960 Pro Printer/scanner.

PS I also need to get rid of the very annoying Warning popup window on my screen!

HP Recommended

HP Easy Start will not open and I cannot download HP_Easy_Admin. Says it can't be downloaded securely. Awgh!   This is ridiculous. I bought this printer OfficeJet 8020 this summer. 

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Agreed about the darned warning and nothing has worked. 

HP Recommended

This looks like a total HP screw up. The page where I am supposed to go for help for my OfficeJet 8020 is a non-secure site and the site it then routes me to is also unsecured? How could HP have any of its sites without an https certificate? 

HP Recommended

I am unable to install HP Easy Start.  I get message that printer not found.  I have spent well over 5 hours on this issue.  NOTHING works.  I have tried all suggestions posted on this board and on Apple discussions board.   I am unable to update HP software -I  get error message.  Printer was working fine before the **bleep** pop-up message and my subsequent trashing of files.   Now my mac book pro is unable to find printer to reinstall.   Frustrated in San Diego.  

HP Recommended

I had to uninstall the HP software first and then reinstall it and now everything seems to work without the annoying error pop-up! 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Started today Oct 24 2020. Restarted my Mac Mini (late 2012 which is running OS 10.15.7) and the HP printer (Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Model CM750A) but that didn't solve the problem. Can't operate my printer at all right now. 

I tried your solution of downloading HP Easy Start ... when I run the file, it opens and places an icon in the tray (not the menu bar) ... but that icon is non functioning. When I right click on it, it says the "application not responding" and I have to force quit that icon/application. I've tried 4 times now. 

Hoping for a quick and genuinely easy solution. I've spent two hours on this issue so far, including listening to elevator music on your support line for over an hour. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.