Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I was able to get through to HP support. They advised the issue was from a recent OS update by Apple. They provided this solution.

• Go to System Preferences > Printers, Delete the HP Printer/Scanner and Fax
  • Delete the HP Printer Applications Including Easy Scan, Empty Trash
  • Delete all files from “/Library/Printers/hp/Frameworks”, Empty Trash
  • Reboot the Computer
  • Download Drivers from https://123.hp.com/us/en/ 
    • Make sure printer is on
    • Select “My Device is not listed” … it will detect your printer
    • Download … wait for full download ... may take a while 
  • Run the file … it will install “Essential Software” & “HP Easy Scan” ... this could take a VERRRY LOOONG time. 

I had to run these steps twice before it worked ... but it did work. 

HP Recommended

I tried the above and get the message - Cannot obtain software information.   Check your network connection a try again.  My Wifi is working fine.  Thanks for your help.

In previous attempts, I also had the same issue as someone else that my Uninstall was grayed out.  Would appreciate any help with that as well. 

Thanks, Eileen 

HP Recommended

Hi ejacobo ... Not sure if I can help with your questions. I am not HP tech support. 

I neglected to mention in my solution above that I ONLY use the USB connection between the printer and my computer because I have not been successful using WiFi. Several years ago, I gave up on WiFi and rely exclusively on the USB connection from my computer to the printer. I suspect the WiFi message you are getting is for the connection between the computer and printer. Perhaps try a USB connection. Perhaps call HP tech support. 

When I was talking to HP, they did not ask me to run the "Uninstall". They had me go into the Applications folder, the drag & drop the HP applications to the trash. 

Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

I, too, had this problem today on my iMac running Catalina, but it looks like it's solved by installing the "HP Smart" app from the App Store and using that app to print and scan.

HP Recommended

I was able to fix my OfficeJet Pro 8620 issue with Apple's "HPDM.Framework popup" problem, which prevents printing and scanning.   In short to fix the issue:

1) Drag the existing/expired folder "Library->Printers->hp" to the trash bin (see Details below why this step is very important)

2) Download & install HP's latest device driver (called "HP Easy Start" for my printer model)

3) Note: I did not need to delete my entire trash bin after removing the expired 

Details: The root cause of Apple's warning popup is due to recently-expired HP credentials on my iMac. The popup first appeared (and wouldn't go away) after a routine reboot of my computer.  That said, the fix was less straight-forward since moving the old credentials to the trash bin is a MUST before attempting to lay down the latest device driver.   Why? I wasted a lot of time trying to do the fix without first deleting the old credentials. 

Symptoms: After downloading HP's latest device driver,  the "HP Easy Start" application did not start successfully after several attempts and subsequent Forced Quits.  Then, I eventually determined HP Easy Start was unsuccessful since it somehow was triggering the old, expired credentials which were still on my iMac causing new Apple popups.  The HP Easy Start would freeze and stay frozen until the "ok" popup button was clicked; then the app would continue running, and freeze again, repeating the cycle with yet another Apple popup.  Therefore, repeated clicks on the Apple popup's "ok" button allowed the HP Easy Start app eventually to finish successfully.  Unfortunately, after HP Easy Start app completed the driver install, the Apple popup appeared yet again [due to the residue of the old credentials in the file system!  In the end, only after deleting the existing Library->Printers->hp folder and then running HP Easy Start, everything worked fine.  (Note: In my case, for safe measure I did a computer restart before I deleted the old credentials and after I successfully tested the newly installed device driver)

HP Recommended

Thank you for all this interesting information on this HP debacle. Any ideas what one can do if their printer, OJ8500A Pro, doesn't support HP Easy Start?

HP Recommended

I cannot see the other answers so this may be redundant.  But it is fast! 🙂

Power down your printer. 

This works for wireless connections, but the same steps should  lead you to the same results.  

Use Finder to locate MAC HD, select Library folder, select Printers folder,  located and delete ALL HP files,  as well as one called Matterhorn.Framework (if you find it).

Go to System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners, delete - all printer info including for faxes. 

Empty trash & restart your computer. 

Turn on your printer. 

Go to System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners, add printer +, it will populate with your printer.  Highlight the name  and add +.  

Run a printing test. You should be good to go!

Let me know what happens!

ROX

HP Recommended
Spoiler
This is what I did without the app using wireless. 

Power down your printer. 

Use Finder to locate MAC HD, select Library folder, select Printers folder,  located and delete ALL HP files,  as well as one called Matterhorn.Framework (if you find it). 

Go to System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners, delete - all printer info including for faxes. 

Empty trash & restart your computer. 

Turn on your printer. 

Go to System Preferences, select Printers & Scanners, add printer +, it will populate with your printer.  Highlight the name  and add +.  

Run a printing test. You should be good to go!

Let me know what happens!

ROX

HP Recommended

Sorry, I duplicated my answer. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I duplicated my answer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.