Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

since hp smart app update 126.1.14.0  , printer hp photosmart 6520 printerstatus onknow

remove and  reinstall  app already - no sollution

also a app reset - no sollution 

remove and install printer also  - no sollution 

but printer and scanning work 

status is always a flashing - symbol and can not ink satus anymore ??

what to do ? waiting for update ? problem began after the update 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes I have the same issue. I have contacted them a few days ago and no response yet. HP please fix your product

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with HP Smart 12.6.0.1042 on Mac Catalina and a 6032 printer. HP Smart 5.7.2 works fine on another computer, and 12.5.0 worked fine on the computer with the issue, but 12.6.0 doesn't. Over an hour spent with HP Support and I eventually got the response 'HP is working on HP Smart Bug, don't worry it will get sorted soon'.

HP Recommended

So were gona wait for the update 👍 thanks for all the repleys 

HP Recommended

12.6.2 for Mac just released and it has solved the problem on my 6032. Hope you find the same ... PeteM5.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.