Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 845 c series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have just downloaded the new drivers (hppiw.exe) and i still dont see the toolbox as i need to clean the cartridge and align it but i cant find it anywhere...  please help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @dianedlouw, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you installed the printer drivers on your PC but you still don't the HP toolbox to clean the cartridges.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you installed the printer drivers on your PC but you still don't the HP toolbox to clean the cartridges.

Try the steps recommended below.

Click start on your PC and In the search type %Temp% and hit enter on your PC.

Once the temp folder opens right click on file DJ845X64.msc and click on install.

Once you install the file try the steps mentioned below to open the toolbox on your PC.

Click Start, then Printers and Faxes.
Click the desired printer icon to highlight it.
Click File, then Printing Preferences.
Click the Services tab.
Click OpenToolbox.
Click the desired task.

Refer this article to know more information about Using the HP Toolbox to Align or Clean Ink Cartridges

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please let me know the outcome!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @dianedlouw, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you installed the printer drivers on your PC but you still don't the HP toolbox to clean the cartridges.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you installed the printer drivers on your PC but you still don't the HP toolbox to clean the cartridges.

Try the steps recommended below.

Click start on your PC and In the search type %Temp% and hit enter on your PC.

Once the temp folder opens right click on file DJ845X64.msc and click on install.

Once you install the file try the steps mentioned below to open the toolbox on your PC.

Click Start, then Printers and Faxes.
Click the desired printer icon to highlight it.
Click File, then Printing Preferences.
Click the Services tab.
Click OpenToolbox.
Click the desired task.

Refer this article to know more information about Using the HP Toolbox to Align or Clean Ink Cartridges

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please let me know the outcome!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much  = i can print and there were no changes made to the printer.  I seached for the DJ845X64.msc  and i cant find it...

HP Recommended

@dianedlouw, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I have checked the records since you are using a very old printer which needs a full feature printer software to get the features.

Since this printer does not have a full feature printer software for windows 8. You cannot use the toolbox.

You only have to rely on basic printing using the Windows built-in drivers.

I would like to suggest you to upgrade your printer to use all the features.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh dear and i do so love my printer (:   Thank you for assisting me

HP Recommended

@dianedlouw, Thanks for your quick response.

I understand your concern but your printer does not support newer operating systems.

You can refer this document to know more information.

So I suggested you to upgrade your printer.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same problem with my HP L7590 Officejet.  All started after a Microsoft update.  Guess I will have to print from my slower Epson.

HP Recommended

Hi! @dan_5, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned even you have issues finding the toolbox for your printer.

Try uninstalling the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link.

Refer this article to know more information about opening the toolbox.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.