Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hola como estan? 

Hace 2 años que compra cartuchos para recargar pero un dia se me corto la luz y se me actualizo el firmware de la impresora , y ahora me arca este error: "Quite y reinstale los cartuchos indicados, asegurándose de que esté instalado correctamente".

He buscado consejos en Internet y he descubierto que esto tiene que ver con la actualización del firmware que no permite nada más que cartuchos de tinta HP nuevos y originales. Cuando sucedió con mi cartucho de tinta negra recientemente, pensé que era el cartucho, compré un cartucho de tinta negro HP nuevo y, sorpresa, el mensaje de error desapareció. Ahora ha hecho lo mismo con los cartuchos de tinta de color. No estoy preparado para seguir tirando cartuchos de tinta en perfecto estado porque HP ha bloqueado mi uso de cartuchos de tinta de terceros; seguramente esto no es ético e ilegal, ya que no sabía que SOLO cartuchos de tinta HP originales funcionarán en mi impresora cuando la compré. Yo no puedo comprar los cartuchos originales de hp ya que son muy caros, yo se que la calidad de los originales son muy buenos, pero no puedo pagarlos, y menos ahora en pandemia

Hello how are you?

I have been buying cartridges to recharge for 2 years but one day the power went out and the firmware of the printer was updated, and now I get this error: "Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridges, making sure it is installed correctly".

I have searched the internet for advice and found that this has to do with the firmware update allowing nothing but new and genuine HP ink cartridges. When it happened with my black ink cartridge recently, I thought it was the cartridge, I bought a new HP black ink cartridge and surprise the error message disappeared. Now you have done the same for color ink cartridges. I'm not ready to keep disposing of perfectly good ink cartridges because HP has blocked my use of third-party ink cartridges; surely this is unethical and illegal as I did not know that ONLY Original HP ink cartridges will work in my printer when I bought it. I can't buy original hp cartridges since they are very expensive, I know that the quality of the originals are very good, but I can't afford them, and even less now in a pandemic

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MauroMartin01

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, How are you, I don't want to update the printer, I need to go back to the previous firmware, that is, 1910A, since with that firmware my cartridges were compatible, since the chip only works for that version. Please I need a solution, I can't buy original cartridges, I need you to send me the 1910A firmware file so that I can download it since there is a newer firmware on the hp page, but with that my chips do not work

HP Recommended

@MauroMartin01

What is the firmware version installed on the printer now?

I would like to inform you that it is not possible to downgrade the firmware on the printer. I recommend you install the latest firmware for your printer and it should support non HP cartridges.

Refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05308850

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I can't tell you what version it has now, but I know it has the latest version that came out since it was updated the other day. the problem I have is that non-original cartridges are only compatible for the 1910A version

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.