Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy photo 7800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error: your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x80010105

is there anyone know how  to fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I’m having the same error code here. I have removed the device and reinstalled it on my laptop with no luck. I am unable to print from Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft word, etc. (nothing works) from my laptop. I have an HP envy 5500 series printer. I can still print from my phone, so I think the issue is with Windows 10. I looked under system updates and saw that there was a windows update that took place on 10/5/19, so i am wondering if that had anything to do with it? I searched and found another update this evening and uploaded it, however I still cannot print anything from my laptop. Sorry you’re having issues but I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. 

HP Recommended

Hello, I have had the same problem with an HP officeJet Pro 8730. My IT chap has had a look and informs me there is a problem with HP and Microsoft after a recent update. For some reason Microsoft software only sees the printer as a scanner and thefore won't perform properly. Even after uninstallling the reinstalling the printer driver software the error still persists.

I was told the only way round was to reinstall windows to see if it can be rectified or just wait to see if there is a fix. The only other option for printing is to copy files to a memory stick and then print from the printer direct.

HP Recommended

Hi,

For your information, installing any available update should resolve a such, MS has just released a new update to resolve this issue yesterday:

Spoiler

Applications and printer drivers that leverage the Windows Javascript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs might experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
  • The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, 
Pls install the latest MS update that was released by 8 Oct'19 (OS Build 18362.418). this should works perfectly for you.

Happy trying. thanks

HP Recommended
The first thing I would recommend is to try to rollback the windows update and see if that is really what is causing the problem. To do that you can: Start > Settings and click on Update & Security. Click the Recovery link on the left and then click on Get started under 'Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.'
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.