Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3545
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I would like to know how to re-flash the firmware in this printer.  

I've downloaded the firmware, but after selcting my printer, it informs me that the printer is already up to date and won't let me continute.

I'im having problems that I believe a re-flash might fix and would liek to flash with either the same or an earlier firmware image.  Please advise how to go about this, as the downloaded firmware refuses to go any further..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rogerza

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you to know how to update the firmware on the printer.

I’d love to help!

If you have the latest firmware on the printer you will not be able to update or flash it with the same firmware.

Please let me know the exact issue you are facing with the printer so that I can see what best could be done to resolve it.

Refer to below document on how to update the firmware.

http://hp.care/2hihgSq

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI

Since updating to the latest firmware I am unable to scan nor copy.

It doesn't seem to be a mechanical failure as it doesn't even get as far as that.

When i try to open the HP Sscan utility, I get a popup windows saying "unable to communicate with scanner"

If I try to make a copy from the printer itself, after pressing the Copy button, the disaply says "copying" and sits like that until printer is switched off/on.

I've been through the forums and found many others with similar complaints, all after installing the latest frmware.

I realise that the firmware update you provide for download won't do anyhting if the latest firmware is already installed.  But surely you can provide a proper update utility that will allow one to flash an earlier firmware version?   I need to roll back to previuos frimware to make sure its a software and not a hardware problem.

I have no inclination to take it to a service cenrte, as its out of warranty and I'm not about to pay someone to do what I can do myself (I'm a computer technician and do repairs on printers as well)

But this the first time I've come across such a stupid firmware update policy.  Other brands provide firmware update software that will install whichever firmware one chooses!

tks..

HP Recommended

Hi @rogerza

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.