Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

3rd party ink cartridges not working

HP 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help.  HP 7525 - The 3rd party ink cartridges quit working, that used to work fine.  I assume after an update.  Any way to correct that?  Please don't just suggest I buy HP ink.  I can buy a new different brand of printer for the price of HP ink.

Thanks.   annoyedyetagain

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,577 7,569 490 603
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @annoyedyetagain

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

What is the error that you get regarding the ink cartridge?

You may refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems. HP will not guarantee the functionality of those ink cartridges.

You may perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I haven't had time to troubleshoot my 7525 printer again since you replied.  And it will probably be after the first of the year, another week before I can troubleshoot.   From memory, the error messages were not consistent, sometimes it said not genuine cartridges and some times it said missing or not detected.   I will update you when I have time to run through the troubleshooting steps again & note the error messages. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,577 7,569 490 603
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@annoyedyetagain, thank you for the response.

Sure, try the steps provided in your leisure time and let me know how it goes. Keep me posted.

Happy holidays!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  Here's my update.   There must have been an update because my printer just gave me the usual error messages  the other day it's always given before when I inserted the 3rd party cartridges.   But this time it did allow me to go ahead & print. 

If I recall the 3 -7 hour attempt before my initial post... the messages said cartridge missing and it was like the printer was "stuck" with error  messages rotating between missing cartridge, damaged cartridge or not an HP genuine cartridge when I inserted the 3rd party cartridges.     And before I posted initially,  I kept changing, inserting old genuine yet empty hp cartridges until it would allow the printer to attempt to print even using a black 3rd party cartridge.  No color because those were empty.   And I'm not sure all 3 of the color or black photo cartridge were hp.    This ink frustration has been ongoing ever since I got this hp printer.  I bought hp because I bought an hp laptop & my previous hp printers worked well enough.  Though this 7525 print quality was never as good as my old 880C.  My next purchase, laptop nor printer will likely be hp.   Thanks again for your response (s).         

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,577 7,569 490 603
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@annoyedyetagainI understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation