Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7410xi All-In_one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Help! I need to print for work and it was working perfectly until I sent a fax a couple days ago. Now it will only scan, copy and fax. Every time I try to print, it comes up on my computer screen as a fax. I change it, but it still does not print and goes back to fax mode.

The printer is a HP Office Jet all in one 7410xi and I have Windows 10 operating system.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Hotred10, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues printing from your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Go to devices and printer on your PC, Right click on your printer select set as the default printer and try printing.

Run print and scan doctor on your PC and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know more about using print and scan doctor.

If the issue still persists, please uninstall the printer software from root level and install the latest printer software.

1. Navigate to Start >Type Devices and Printers in the Search > Select it from the results

2. Highlight your printer object and Right Click

3. Choose Remove Device

4. Highlight something else from the list

5. Click the Print Server Properties button from the toolbar

6. Select the Drivers Tab

7. Highlight the appropriate print driver

8. Click Remove

9. Check the Remove Driver and Driver Package option when prompted

10. Click OK

Install the printer software using this link.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.