Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

An office jet pro 8710 isn't connecting via network cable to our network access and network configuration page it says : 802.3 Wired - This capability was disabled when the device was setup.  For more information contact your administrator or the person who set the device up.  I have now reset all network settings to factory and tried to enter wired network settings manually, but they don't take.  Have seen others with this problem got emailed some secret instructions for re-enabling - any chance I can get these? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mdeckertob

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mdeckertob

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much.  The steps you outlined worked.  Sorry not to reply sooner but we're a small office half-staffed by state Covid-19 recommendations right now so I wasn't able to get to this until now.  Are these instructions available anywhere generally or are they only shared in response to a direct request to HP?

Thanks again,

Margaret

HP Recommended

Hi @mdeckertob

That's great! Happy to hear that. I'm afraid, these steps are not in the service guide, if not performed in the correct way, it might cause serious issues with the printer's hardware. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my printer 8710.  It connects to the internet but appears offline from hp apps.  i have tried everything and it wont stay connected.

HP Recommended

Hi, I had to get the "secret handshake" via a private message and, since HP does not seem to publish this even in the manual,  don't feel comfortable sharing it publically.  But perhaps you could send a message directly to the person who helped me, Asmita6658 ?

Otherwise, try opening a new ticket and putting in a plea for someone else to help, as I did.

Good luck,

M

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.