Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I  have an 8600 pr Premium printer. I also got a new ASUS 2 in 1 laptop . It has windows 10 pre-installed and have office 2007 too. Here's the issue. When I try to scan from the printer like did with the old laptop, it says "to scan to computer to go into the computer to enable it".  I can put the documents into the scanner bed and do the scan remotely from the computer but not directly with the machine. How can i get the  two to recognize each other. if this makes any difference, computer and printer are wirelessly connected on comcast infinity home network.

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the software already. i have also installed print and scan doctor and that says there are no scan problems. Additionally I have installed HP Solutions Center and it won't run because it says installation is not complete. And it tells me to reinsert the cd and reinstall(the cd is for xp and 7 and doesn't work.

I am just not sure what else to do......H E L P!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi!

If you can print wirelessly, proceed to next step. If not, please advise.

On the desktop of your PC, you should see there a printer icon (with the name of your printer under it). That is the HP print driver you installed. Double click it and Printer Assistant should come up. There is an option there called "Manage Scan to Computer" , click it and select Enable.

Let me know if this helped. 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi!

If you can print wirelessly, proceed to next step. If not, please advise.

On the desktop of your PC, you should see there a printer icon (with the name of your printer under it). That is the HP print driver you installed. Double click it and Printer Assistant should come up. There is an option there called "Manage Scan to Computer" , click it and select Enable.

Let me know if this helped. 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks! when I tried it ealier it did not work. This time it did!:smileywink:

appreciate the help!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, MAK113! ^_^

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.