09-22-2019 06:30 AM - edited 09-22-2019 06:34 AM
Recently started getting a message on the printer "Printer Error - Please Turn Printer Off, then On" and the power button is flashing. Turning the printer off and then on only works for a short time - then the error message comes up again. Are there any diagnostics that can identify the problem and a solution?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-24-2019 06:54 PM
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer and update the firmware for the printer.
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168 for Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Restart the printer.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for joining the HP Community.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee