Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8610
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

i can't switch my printer onto my new network because it is locked by admin. I am the sole owner of this printer and dont know what the password is. maybe i set it and forgot but now i can't get it unlocked. I can't even do a factory reset because it says "locked by administrator".  this printer works just fine and i dont want to throw it away because its locked.  i've tried unplugging and going to factory reset button, but it will not allow me to do so. Also, when i did upgrade to windows 10, this printer just wasn't working with me. I then just switched back to windows 8 because i got tired ot fixing my printer. please help me before i throw it away and buy a different brand printer. thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have send you a private message, please look for it in the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page (envelope icon)

Let us know if that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have send you a private message, please look for it in the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page (envelope icon)

Let us know if that helps!

HP Recommended

@Bob_Headrick @greenturtle please help I have the same problem with oj 8620

HP Recommended

Hi @ttaaxxman

Have send you a Private message. 

Look out for the "Envelope icon"  at the top right hand corner of the Forum page.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

please help I have the same problem with omy OJ 8625

Thanks

HP Recommended
I am unable to reset my printer, I have moved and have different wifi password etc.   I purchased printer last year. 
i am unable setup.
HP Recommended

We have changed our wireless settings and would like to unlock our printer.  Please advise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.