Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Phtotsmart 5514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following the advice I got from the string below, I deleted original printer driver and downloaded/reinstalled the driver but it's not not showing up in my device list. "Add a Printer" can't find it. Printer is connected to network wirelessly and passed all Wireless Network Test Results. Nothing I have tried reveals the printer to "Add A Printer". What now?

--------------------------------------------

Every print job queues twice and hangs on duplicate job

Whenever I send a document to the printer (MS Word, Excel, etc), it prints it but leaves a still printing message in the See What's Printing section of the Control Panel......

Response from The Fossette:

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2nFnfTH

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sheehan

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Phtotsmart 5514 printer. I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to computer via wireless router and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Restart the computer, printer, and router.
  • Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  • Check the status of the wireless connection.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Assign a manual IP address to your printer.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m-1 works fine when I scan things, but the printer, no matter what type of file I try, just spits out blank-on-both-sides paper. Hope you can help me.

Connie

HP Recommended

@Cxnnierajnak

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand your printer is not printing in black.

• Check the paper.
  • Check the print settings.
  • Check ink levels, and then replace any low or empty cartridges.
  • Print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic Report.

Click here for further troubleshooting steps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.