Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Other

Hi,

after running the update for my mac to High Sierra (macOS 10.13) the printer iis no longer working. The printer can not be raeched via menue printer in Mac Software. A new insatllation according the provided describtion on the support home page from HP dosen't work (https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c05666213#What_if_printer_unsupported). Error message I got after trial: No connection to "HP ENVY 7640 series [453D83]._ipps._tcp.local." Is there anyone having similar problems? How can I passby or sove the problem? This is the second time I got problems with HP printers running out of support and Mac. 

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

many thnaks again for the feedback. I followed your recommandation to completly delete and reinstall newly. I add as well the connectivity and switched from WiFi to LAN cable connection and installed newly. Now it seams to work properly. Cross fngers and many thnaks again. 

Tom

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hello Tom,

Updates to the device's OS often causes the printer software needing to be reinstalled on the device (what are you using, computer, ipad, phone, etc.).  There's two sources.   With the printer turned on, go to 123.HP.com, which will id your device and download/install the printer's software.  It should overwrite and you shouldn't have to uninstall the software first.

Another source is below link.  Click on Software and Drivers > Go > Download.  Reply if anything works, please.  (Provide the type of device)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/model/6617268/... 

HP Recommended

Hi, many thanks for the quick response. I have already installed the software from HP newly and the configuration with the HP Utility failed as well. So is there maybe another way or can I expect a new driver for the new release from macOS high Sierra from HP Support? 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  Update all my macs (except one iMac) with High Sierra, all the shares that were working yesterday do not work on updated Macs.  The regular Sierra I didn't upgrade, I can still scan directly to the network share on that particular Mac.  On hold with Mac support right now...

HP Recommended

Hello again Tom,

Did you upgrade your Mac OS to a Beta version of High Sierra?  Apparently it was only released Sept 25.  It appears that iOS 10.13 software is available through HP on that link you provided.    Does the printer copy and is the blue light on front a steady blue; so as to indicate that the printer's software did get properly installed.   Let me know, please.

There's lots of things to try on the link below.  However let's see if the computer is not wirelessly connected to the printer

by turning off and on the router/modem, printer and computer.  Unplug the router if needed, leave it off 60 seconds.  Then turn each on, one at a time, in that order.  Let each completely boot up (no flashing lights).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249334  Printer Offline (Mac)

I am not an HP or Apple employee.  I volunteer my spare time,  attempting to help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

many thnaks again for the feedback. I followed your recommandation to completly delete and reinstall newly. I add as well the connectivity and switched from WiFi to LAN cable connection and installed newly. Now it seams to work properly. Cross fngers and many thnaks again. 

Tom

HP Recommended

Hey Tom!

That's wonderful, you've troubleshooted and solved your situation well.  Possibly the cable connection was the solution and operating like that is fine.  You're welcome and like you say, fingers crossed.  Checking the thumbs up on any of my offerings would be nice for my trying.  I am not an HP employee and try to help herein in my spare time.  Bye Bye.

HP Recommended

Of course, you will not have the few wireless features such as HP Connected, e-print, Instant Ink, etc.  You still have copy, print and scan.  This has been a good, problem-free printer for me and is reasonably priced (often on sale at BBuy, etc.) 

HP Recommended

I'm curious if your problem was similar to mine after all.  I could print and scan wirelessly "FROM" the computer to the printer (my printer being an MFP 477fdw color laser) after my High Sierra upgrade.  What I couldn't do after upgrading to High Sierra was to scan "FROM" the printer to a networked share on our Macs.  I have about six shared networked folders on various macs that I could scan documents directly from the printer and have them go to different macs around my home.  All computers that have the new High Sierra give an error message (see attached photo).  The iMac I didn't upgrade yet, that still has "regular" Sierra on it, still works.  Oddly, I have an old OfficeJet 8600 MFP that actually can scan from the printer to the computers with High Sierra on them.  I thought the "permissions/read only" error was because of Apple's new AFS files system in High Sierra was the culprit, but can't figure why older OfficeJet works.Error after trying to scan to High Sierra shareError after trying to scan to High Sierra share

Anyone else having a similar issue??

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem with my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13. I had this working for about a year with no issues. Unfortunately my HP Support for it just ran out last week :/.  

I was on the phone with Apple Support today for over an hour and they could also not explain the issue on their side. They checked all my folder permissions (via Remote Support) all of which seemed correct. The newest drivers from 25.Sept2017 HP Easy Start 2.7.0.175 did not help either.  

I asked Apple to also forward this issue to HP directly. Hopefully it will get some priority that way.

Error Scan to Network Folder with Mac OS 10.13Error Scan to Network Folder with Mac OS 10.13

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.