Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I guess misery loves company, as I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.  I did get my case with Apple excalated to a higher tier of their help desk hierarchy.  I need to contact them back to tell them HP wasn't able to really help.  Again, it's so odd that my old OfficeJet 8600 can write to the folder but the newer MFP M477fdw cannot.  I'll update this post if I find any new news.

HP Recommended

Yeah -- I'm having the same issues with my M477FDW since upgrading to 10.13. Frustrating. I'd post a screenshot, but it's the same as the other ones posted.

HP Recommended

Same issue here! Odd thing is that if you scan a blank sheet it works... as soon as you scan sheets with some line of texts, error appears.

Looks like Finder automatically delete the file (it appears and then disappears).

Crazy!

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same strange problem with my MFP M277dw. The same error message as in the screenshot above.

HP Recommended

Something happing to me. Using HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw.

I tried to scan one page and it's fine. It does scan.

I tried to "test" from the printer webserver and it's fine. Test is successfull.

I tried to scan multiple pages and I get the share permissione problem. The file appears on the shared folder and (after the error message) disappears.

I solved (temporarly) by scanning FROM the mac using HP easy app and it works.

I have the impression that somehow the permission to access the folder hangs after a short while that it get accessed from the network.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input!  I did try to scan a blank page from the printer as both a JPG and PDF and still get the same error message (not that a blank page would do me any good anyway, had it worked).  I did see the file appear momentarily in my network shared folder, and grabbed it and dragged it to my desktop, but the file was unreadable by my Mac.  

I've always been able to scan "from" the mac "to" the printer without any problem (still works fine even after High Sierra install).

My current workaround with scanning from printer, is to scan to the network share on my wife's iMac, which works as it still has 10.12 "plain" Sierra on it.

HP Recommended

Saw an interesting post from another thread...and thought it could be a potential workaround for some until the issue is resolved. If you change the default scan resolution to 75 dpi (and I understand this might not work for some of you -- just presenting it as an option), then there are no issues (at least, that's my observation). When you increase the resolution to anything greater than 75dpi, you'll get the "....read only, has the wrong permissions, or is no longer available" error.

HP Recommended

I took your advice, ADR1974, and changed the resolution to 75 DPI, and it worked!  Why it worked, I have no idea.  It's a great solution for my documents that don't need to be high res, but hopefully Apple or HP will figure out how to make it work at 300 DPI.

HP/Apple:  Can you figure this out please??

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the 

HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw

HP Recommended

FWIW, installed the 10.13.1 beta...which seems to have fixed the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.