Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Very much the same issue here, but a different printer, so I wanted to add another datapoint:

I haven't been able to Scan to Network Folder on my iMac since I updated from Sierra to MacOS High Sierra (10.13).

I have a slightly different model of printer -- HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fnw -- but basically the same printer.

Anyway, I get the same error as the original poster.

The 75 DPI scan is crappy quality but works around the issue for now.

HP Recommended

Another (potential) workaround, until Apple or HP fixes the issue: scan to email works great. No dpi restrictions. I set up a smart folder, and all scans go directly into the folder. Obvioulsy not an ideal fix if you need to share files over a network.

HP Recommended

In regards to the 10.13.1 beta helping, it has not fixed my problem.  I put the new beta on three different computers that had the problem with the printer scanning to the share.  All still give the same error message (and all still will allow scanning to the shares if DPI is set to 75).  Wish this would have been a fixed.  But for now, still waiting.

HP Recommended

What do you mean by a smart folder?

Are you directly connected via USB and using HP software, instead of using Wifi?

HP Recommended

This is unbelievable but my 8620 officejet is not working after the newest High Sierra update either! I am getting the same message: THE PRINTER IS NOT RESPONDING

Bonjour/AirPrint pref pane in the System Preferences is recognizing the printer, but there is NO communication to the printer

Wi-Fi Direct prints and works perfectly

Once connected to the normal WiFi the printer stops responding altogether to the computer's requests.

Something must have happened with the newest X.1 update

HP Recommended

Hi, please check if this article would help: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05737475

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

this article was informative but didn't solve my problem.

This is what I did and that helped to solve the OfficeJet connection woes:

- turn off ipv6 on the printer

- disconnect Mac from the 5GHz Wifi

- connect Mac to the 2.4 GHz Wifi

- the printer installs and responds immediately

- disconnect Mac from the 2.4 GHz Wifi and reconnect to the 5GHz Wifi

- Printer works perfectly again

HP Recommended

Everything works great on my MFP M477fdw EXCEPT, STILL can't scan to a share FROM the printer.  Shill get this error...

Error when scanning to High Sierra MAC OS share but works under "regular" Sierra share.Error when scanning to High Sierra MAC OS share but works under "regular" Sierra share.

Even after all the latest OS updates that came out today. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but with a HP Officejet PRO 8620.  After update to MacOS 10.13.2 High Sierra.  Any solutions? I have talked directly with HP and Apple Support with no fix.

HP Recommended

I recently bought a new imac with high sierra. I couldn't connect to the printer nor could I scan. It has taken hours of research to find a solution. High Sierra came with the firewall on. Try going into System Preferences, Security and Privacy and turn the firewall off. This may also be relevant to those who have downloaded the latest software.

Anyway, certainly worth trying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.