Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hi fergieguard,

First thing you should do would be to uninstall all the current HP printer software via Windows Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. After doing so, reboot your computer and verify that you no longer get the pop-up window.

Next, download the 32bit Windows 7 drivers for you printer at the link below and install them:

http://goo.gl/dBuEJ

Let me know if this helps, and if not, what happened.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This item appears to be similar to my problem.  I get an error each time I print:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          1/10/2013 9:26:58 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      John-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4
Faulting module name: HPVSCP50.DLL, version: 1.0.0.6, time stamp: 0x4431bcd4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000010af7
Faulting process id: 0x1bb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdef46b1720d89
Faulting application path: C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\HPVSCP50.DLL

Your solution steps do not match what I see for my Windows 7 laptop.  I do not have an HP folder when I click on All Programs.   So cannot do the uninstall.   Where can I find this HP folder?  also,  When I have attempted to remove Driver and Driver package I get not allowed to modify .inf file even signed on as administrator. 

HP Recommended

even though i have uninstalled my HP software a fragment STILL remains.  I cannot get rid of it!  At the start of opening my computer, four pop up windows come up saying

PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe [1/1, 311.96M]   is trying to install.  it does not. 
how do i get rid of this frangment so i can properly download the HP software properly?
so annoying thee pop ups AND i cannot get the HP to reinsall and cannot use my HP scanner as well.
VERY kind ofyou to help me.
thank you in advance and happy new year.

HP Recommended

even though i have uninstalled my HP software a fragment STILL remains. I cannot get rid of it! At the start of opening my computer, four pop up windows come up saying

PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe [1/1, 311.96M] is trying to install. it does not.

how do i get rid of this fragment so i can properly download the HP software properly?

so annoying thee pop ups AND i cannot get the HP to reinstall and cannot use my HP scanner as well.

VERY kind of you to help me and perhaps others with the same issue.

thank you in advance and happy new year.

And is it true that if I purchased another manufacturer’s printer that I would still have this problem with the fragments that are still on the copier somewhere?  Another member of the forum mentioned that she did this and had problems.

HP Recommended
Hi again fergieguard,

Try the steps below and let me know if it resolves the issue:

Step one: Clear temp directory

Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

Step two: Download and extract the latest software to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers from the link below:
http://goo.gl/ylzHP
2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.
3. When the installation window opens (after the software extracts) press the cancel button to stop the installation.
4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field.
5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy
7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.
8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop
9. Open folder Util
10. Open folder CCC
11. Run the uninstall_L4
12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs
14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
http://goo.gl/R1hy
15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your succinct directions.

first i deletied everything from my temp folder.

then i could not locate the site mentioned http://goo.gl/ylzHP  However i ewnt to the HP site and dowloaded the drivers et al.  I do NOT think they were installed as in the past as these fragments get in the way.

i tried what you suggested in "canceling" after the extraction but the screen went off my computer too quickly.  that is where i am stuck.

the fragment appearing upon start up is crazy making.  And i cannot use any of the functions of my printer/scanner.  can only scan one page at a time through my window's program on my computer.  miss multiple scannings....

now what?

MANY THANKS. 

Also is there anyway someone can remotely come onto my computer and help me with this?  thanks again for your kindness.

HP Recommended

Yes, you can contact HP Support, and they should be able to remote into your computer. Click the link below for contact info:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

HP Recommended

calling HP will probably require a fee.  I may be better off getting a new printer with new software for my Windows 7 operating system.

my question is:  If i get a new HP printer (or even another brand) won't THAT software "not" download properly cause i have these fragments left form the current printer.

tht is why i cannot get the C7250 drivers to download...  the fragments.

same thing will happeh with a new printer, won't it?

MANY thanks.

and what was the website you initally mentioned.  Could you repeat it as it did not go thorugh as you described.

thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I linked the option for support as you were asking for help by remoting into your computer. Since you do not want to pay for support, let's see what else I can do to help.

If you try to install a different/new HP Printer, you may run into the same issue. Try following the scrub directions again using the links below:

1st link/Step 1 (software and drivers)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76036-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

2nd link/Step 14 (Adobe Flash)

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

HP Recommended

здравствуйте ! я не могу понять как с телефона на OC android , печатать документы , фото с принтера HP LaserJet Pro СЬ1415атц color MFP при помощи wifi . Подскажите пожалуйста . Зарание спасибо .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.