Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have windows 8 and this issue has happened to me after an update.

I've tried to follow your advice however, under All Programs there is a few HP folders.
A little more detail & advice would be helpful!
Best,
Kate

HP Recommended

Nothing I have tried works, including what you suggested below.  I got as far as the last task and it would not delete the package; I tried this with two HP printers I cannot get to install, via any method I try; both gave me the same answer

I have tried removing pertinent informaiton in two different places within the registry, according to info from the internet; that didn't work.

This is now happening on all of my three laptop computers, two of which are HPs.

I have tried installing via the disk, I have tried connecting to the computer via USB and the drivers cannot be found during the Windows update even while connected.  Yes, my internet is connected, and when I go to ADD Printer, I can even find the two printers (HP) I want and their location along with two addresses for each, but neither can find/get/use the drivers.  This computer, did not have the diretory purged, so the printer drivers should already be on it, and it still couldn't find them.

I know it is a Windows update problem; since the three computers have lost all their connections with my printers at different times.  Also, when I did revert to an older time, I believe I'd been able to print from the first on to which this happened

I am thinking now, I must go back that take each computer to an earlier time when I could use them to use them again; since nothing else seems to work. 

One question on that note, if the option for dates to which to revert are not far enough back, is there a way for me to manually add, say, January 1, 2015?

You will never know how many hours I have already devoted to this horrible nightmare!

Thank you, in advance, for whatever you can do to salvage two perfectly good HP printers and make them visible/useable on all of my computers.

HP Recommended

Anyone found a solution for any of this?

HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.