12-01-2009 12:32 PM - edited 01-15-2010 05:09 PM
We assumed that the problem was only with migrated installs as they tend to cause more problems.
Do you let the OS go out and search windows update for the newest drivers etc?
I work for HP
12-01-2009 12:36 PM
Yes and it said it had the latest driver, like I said it will print a email from Outlook or from Word but nothing else like a photo from a file.
Right click on a photo, hit print and it acts like it will print but nothing in the print queue. If you use the HP software the same happends.
12-01-2009 12:54 PM - edited 12-01-2009 12:55 PM
I posted this in the All-In-One forum, but since you asked...
This is for a HP Officejet J4550 All-In-One
I have Windows 7 - Home Premium - 64 bit.
I had Vista HP 64bit (no problems at all).
Currently my printer will simply "error out" when I print, there is no notification however. The reason I know this is happening is only by opening the printer windows and watching the process, then I will see an "Error" message appear - but no information on what error is provided to me.
Now, I have tried the following:
1. HP's "workaround". (More like Windows 7's workaround for HP....)2. Downloading & Installing the Basic Print and Scan Kit.
3. Downloading & Installing the Full Feature Kit recently provided.
4. Doing the Full install using the "Compatability Mode" Vista SP2 method.
Both attemptof the FULL Install received a fatal error near the end of installation (submitted report via the HP application, but I don't know what the error was).
For all the other methods (1-2) I get the "Your Devise is Ready to Use" with all the tiems checked off - EVERYTIME. But sure enough, it never works.
NOTE: The problem appears to be rooted in the USB communications. Oh and I tried the Print Server delete method in the above posts, that didn't work either.
12-01-2009 12:57 PM
12-01-2009 01:36 PM
Thanks for trying, Jon, but that doesn't work for me. I open Devices and Printers , but when I chose pronter properties I don't get an advanced option.
I started with Windows 2000 - I'm now on Win 7 64 bit.
The printer is a laserjet 1022
I originally installed using 2005 CD - Q5912-60101 V.1.OEU
I'm connected using a USB
There are no other printers connected
The download I have installed is from the HP site - it's for Win 7 64 bit.
I'm getting all round grumpy with Win 7!
Please can someone come up with an answer
12-01-2009 02:06 PM
I have tried everything to make my HP printer work with Windows 7...nothing works. See activity # 2974803 chat with Jonathan.
I would like to ask any one who is having this problem if they could help us try to replicate it by giving us the following details:
- Which version did you start with ? eg Vista Home Premium
- Which version of Windows 7 did you end up installing ? Windows 7 32 bit
- What hp printer was installed in old version of windows? F2120
- Where did the installed software for the printer come from CD originally, web for Windows 7
- If CD if you can find it now what is the number written on it? Version 9.0.1
If web download approximatly when you downloaded it? 3 days ago
- How is the printer connected to your PC ? USB cable
- Any other printers installed on your PC? No.
- Lastly the version of the printer driver that is currently installed that will not enable you to print? HP Deskjet F2100 Series (220.127.116.11)
There are no indications anything is wrong...the printer diagnostics program says everything is OK, I get ink levels OK, it prints an alignment page, I can scan from the printer via the computer, I can make copies from the printer via the computer, BUT it will not print a test page or anything from any other program, although it will go to the print queue.
I have been forced to buy another HP printer because I need a printer for my business and I can't get my current one to work...I hop I don't have the same problem with this one.