Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envoy 5055
macOS 10.14 Mojave

After update to mojave 10.14 Hp Smart app installed on mac book pro can't find my printer (printer off line message). I can print from other apps, I can even print from smart app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jazmanjazman

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Removing and re-installing the HP Smart App may resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:

1. Open Finder and click Applications
  2. Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.
  3. Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.
  4. Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.
  5. The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately be visible.
  6. Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash
  7. Download and install the HP Smart App from here.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@jazmanjazman

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Removing and re-installing the HP Smart App may resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:

1. Open Finder and click Applications
  2. Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.
  3. Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.
  4. Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.
  5. The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately be visible.
  6. Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash
  7. Download and install the HP Smart App from here.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link in step 7 gives an error message: The requested URL /pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPSmart2.0.pkg was not found on this server.

HP Recommended

ALTHOUGH the link didn't work everything else worked great. I found the HP smart app (HP smart for mac) and reinstalled HP smart. Works like a charm. Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

@jazmanjazman

I assume the servers were not responding at that time. Apologies for the same. I have re-checked the link, it seems to be working now.

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded Easy Scan and it still does not print.  Am I going to have to buy a new printer?

HP Recommended

Where is the Go and the Home to click in finder

HP Recommended

Did everything you suggested, printer is on network and says it's ready to print, but will not print.

HP Recommended

@belroseplace

Have you tried reinstalling the App?

Try printing from Preview and let me know if you are able to print. Refer to this Link: https://support.apple.com/en-sg/guide/preview/prvw15175/mac

Also ensure your Mac and Printer has the latest updates. Please refer to these links

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@belroseplace

Since HP Smart App is not working after the update, we can try adding the printer as Airprint, if it's supported

Please provide me with complete printer model or product number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.