Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As recommended by Kumar0307, HP Support Agent, I removed and re-installed the HP Smart App not once but twice.  Both times I got a successful install and started the customization of the HP Smart App.  The app tried to launch right after I confirmed reading the privacy notice and then it bombed.  I am working on a Mac desktop with the macOS Mojave, version 10.14.6 operating system.  We bought the printer last week and it has been running flawlessly until we updated to the latest Mac operating system.  Now we cannot get the Smart App to work after many repeated attempts by myself and my wife.  Please help us get this resolved or we will be returning the HP printer back to the retailer and looking at alternative brands.  Thank you for your assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@arthurssw, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Disk Utility can fix certain disk problems — for example, multiple apps quit unexpectedly, a file is corrupted, an external device doesn’t work properly, or your computer won’t startup.

Repair a disk using Disk Utility on Mac

1. Print this page so you can refer to it later. (You don’t have access to the Disk Utility User Guide when you restart your computer in the next step.)

In the Disk Utility User Guide window, click the Share button , then choose Print.

2. Choose Apple menu  > Restart. After your Mac restarts (some Mac computers play a startup sound), press and hold the Command and R keys until the Apple logo appears, then release the keys.

3. Click Disk Utility, then click Continue.

4. Choose View > Show All Devices.

5. In the sidebar, select the disk you want to repair.

6. Click the First Aid button 

If Disk Utility tells you the disk is about to fail, back up your data and replace the disk. You can’t repair it. Otherwise, continue to the next step.

7. Click Run.

If Disk Utility reports that the disk appears to be OK or has been repaired, you’ve finished. You can click Show Details to see more information about the repairs. Otherwise, you may need to do one of the following.

• If Disk Utility reports “overlapped extent allocation” errors, two or more files occupy the same space on your disk, and at least one of them is likely to be corrupted. You need to check each file in the list of affected files. Most of the files in the list have aliases in a DamagedFiles folder at the top level of your disk.

• If you can replace a file or recreate it, delete it.

• If it contains information you need, open it and examine its data to make sure it hasn’t been corrupted.

• If Disk Utility can’t repair your disk or it reports “The underlying task reported failure”, try to repair the disk or partition again. If that doesn’t work, back up as much of your data as possible, reformat the disk, reinstall macOS, then restore your backed-up data.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello I tried your solution and this did not work for me. I've also went into applications, deleted the app as well as went to my library and deleted the cache for the app. Once I download it, it opens up and downloads fine but immediately after it goes to a white screen and gives me the rolling beach ball loading icon. Which when I go below and right click on the application icon, it says it's not responding. Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 5.58.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-30 at 5.58.57 PM.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.