06-14-2019 11:20 AM
Solution Center refuses to install.
Installer cannot find the network printer (or even when connected directly)
HP Doc always has a problem finding Solution Center
Can print outwards through other programs but no way to find printer to get Solution Center to install.
I am using Win 7 SP1 64. Everything was working before at one time, but when I restarted after a virus scan (finding myself clean), the Solution Center disappeared and the install never finds the printer. VERY FRUSTRATING as I need to scan documents daily.
06-17-2019 06:52 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Installing HP Full-featured drivers may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
Step 1: Clean uninstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Step 2: Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Try to Print and Scan.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-20-2019 07:02 AM
I have done this several times.The COMPLETE wipe of all printer drivers, clean install, HP doctor, uninstall, delete device, delete drivers, reinstall, HP doctor, repeat ad infinitum.
Somehow, the Solution Center part of the install never installs. It is the ONLY part that does not install so I cannot scan documents or send faxes. I can print from any program. If I use the generic windows based scan program, I can access. It does not, however, let me make pdfs like I need to.
06-20-2019 07:37 AM
Thank you for the response. This seems like a conflict with the printer drivers and the Operating system.
Do you have any Anti-virus program installed on your PC?
Try creating a new user account and check if the solution center can be installed as mentioned in my previous post.
To create a New user account:
- To open User Accounts, click the Start button , click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account.
If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Create a new account.
- Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and then click Create Account.
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
06-20-2019 08:09 AM
So I need to turnoff my Avast. Okay. Will try this.
And it is on ANY account on this laptop.
I am using Windows 7 with the SP1 installed. If this is a driver-OS conflict, why is it that ONLY the SOLUTION CENTER is not getting installed whereas EVERYTHING ELSE IS?
06-21-2019 05:50 PM
If Windows is corrupted, it might prevent certain softwares that uses Windows files from installing or working properly
I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level once again as instructed earlier
Then run the Windows SFC Scan
- To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker. (If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, skip to Step 3.)
Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
You can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...
Then download the Full Feature Software again
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee