Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 2620
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Good morning.
I recently bought a MacBook Air (with macOS 10.15 Catilina operating system) and tried to connect my HP Officejet 2620 printer via USB port.
After downloading all the programs necessary for activation, the printer is always idle, despite being turned on, and does not allow me to print.
I tried to connect my old HP computer to the printer and it worked.
I searched the internet and on the HP site various methods of solving the problem, but still, at the time of printing, the printer from the settings of the Mac is "in use", but the computer can not connect as it should.

What can I do?
The cable works, as I said I tried it with another computer, but it's like there's a lock between MacBook and printer.

Thank you for your attention and help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anna026, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC?

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Once the printer is detected by the MAC, install the printer using AirPrint driver

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.