Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4655 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer model 4655. I installed it on two PCs, the one with Windows 7 works fine - automatic duplexing works. The PC with Windows 10 only gives me the option for manual duplex printing. When I check the printer properties, under the device settings tab, the installable options has "Automatic Duplexing Unit" as "Not Installed" and it is greyed out so that I cannot change it to "Installed". I have tried searching HP support forums for solution and tried many things, from uninstalling driver and printer, downloading (from HP) and installing Windows 7 driver on my Windows 10 PC, etc, etc. Nothing seems to work. Not sure if it is of importance, but the initial sequence when installing printer was: installed on Windows 10 PC using USB connection, then setup wireless connectivity, then removed USB cable, then installed printer on my Windows 7 PC with wireless connection, then I noticed the difference in Automatic Duplex printing between the two PCs and started troubleshooting the Windows 10 installation but to no avail.

Update: Hopefully this will help others with this problem, as I was unable to find the solution on HP support forums. I found the solution with the help of the HP virtual assistant. Apparently the problem is that windows 10 doesnt install the driver (downloaded from HP) correctly, and so downloading from HP website (over and over again) and reinstalling does not solve the problem. So, you have to install the driver from the disc (which I do not have) or follow the instructions from this link to have windows update reinstall the driver: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04655208#cddee60a-50f5-43d2-9bcb-6f6e85aeee4c

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.