Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Now the "flashing orange light" seems to be the gravestone of this printer-- and HP will no longer render my support as a customer.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @Subvett – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that printer is having blinking light error. Are you using a Deskjet 990c printer? If yes, then try the steps listed here: Blinking Lights on the HP Deskjet 900 Printer Series

Also, perform a power reset on the printer as suggested below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have now spent two hours trying to fix this problem. Both new cartridges two days ago, an it was working well.  But then suddenly the light started blinking.  Have tried to turn off/turn on procedure six times.  Any thoughts anyone?

HP Recommended

Thanks alot "DVORTEX" bro it really solved my problem. I have been facing this problem for too long with my HP Laserjet P1006 and every time I had tried different methods to solve the problem but non have helped and at the end I had to even leave my printing work due the problem. 1billion TUMBS UP....:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

sir,my printer hp 1020 printer constant orange and green light on.not blinking and not pickup the paper.plz help me....!

HP Recommended

Hi

I tried this solution twice, and both times - as soon as I put the cartridges back in - the orange light behind to flash again.

Any other ideas please? 

HP Recommended

The light is still blinking

HP Recommended

Information yellow light blinking, even after unplugging the computer from the wall  

HP Recommended

The same thing here don’t know what to do

HP Recommended

@MiajazminakaMJ Greetings from the HP Community!

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, here's the link to troubleshoot issues with the blinking lights: click here for details if you have the same printer as the OP

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.