11-30-2017 08:34 AM
Hello, @Subvett – Hope you are well 🙂
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
Going through your post, I understand that printer is having blinking light error. Are you using a Deskjet 990c printer? If yes, then try the steps listed here: http://bit.ly/2BnFrog
Also, perform a power reset on the printer as suggested below:
- Remove the cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Let me know if that helps!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
05-03-2019 04:58 PM
I have now spent two hours trying to fix this problem. Both new cartridges two days ago, an it was working well. But then suddenly the light started blinking. Have tried to turn off/turn on procedure six times. Any thoughts anyone?
05-19-2019 02:33 PM - edited 05-19-2019 02:36 PM
Thanks alot "DVORTEX" bro it really solved my problem. I have been facing this problem for too long with my HP Laserjet P1006 and every time I had tried different methods to solve the problem but non have helped and at the end I had to even leave my printing work due the problem. 1billion TUMBS UP....:OpenSmile: