Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

All of my documents come out with an obvious blue tint. I have tried the driver update and the tint fix, but neither one are working. I have the HP Photosmart 6510.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello there drryanjames,

Thank you for your information!

I am going to recommend a few things for you to try for the scan quality issue you are having.

• First of all, Reset the Printer - and when you plug the printer is, ensure it is plugged in directly to the wall outlet, avoiding any power bars, surge protectors, etc. (Important!)

Now try a scan to see if that helped. If not, continue on to uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello drryanjames,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post about your print outs coming out in a blue tint color and the troubleshooting steps you have tried thus far aren't working. I would like to try to help where I can, so I have researched this "print quality" problem for you and have found a guide that I suggest following. I am hoping these steps will help clear the issue for you.

Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems

Good luckSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Sorry, the link if for printing. My problem is with scans saved to the computer, not printed.
HP Recommended

Hello drryanjames,

Thank you for the reply and clarifying the issue is with scanning. I would like to look for an appropriate document for you however, I would like to know which operating system you are working with to better research the problem.

Please respond with which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thank you,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Missed this e-mail, sorry! It is Windows 7 Professional edition service pack 1
HP Recommended

Hello there drryanjames,

Thank you for your information!

I am going to recommend a few things for you to try for the scan quality issue you are having.

• First of all, Reset the Printer - and when you plug the printer is, ensure it is plugged in directly to the wall outlet, avoiding any power bars, surge protectors, etc. (Important!)

Now try a scan to see if that helped. If not, continue on to uninstalling and reinstalling the printer.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It took 3 attempts, but it finally worked! Thank you, I was about ready to give up.

HP Recommended
Now that we have solved the blue tint problem, only 1 line of a document will print. There are 4 brand new cartridges it the printer. I have done all of the diagnostics: Clean printhead, quality report, printer status and they all print fine. When I run the Align printer, I keep getting the message that it is not aligning properly, but I can continue anyway. I tried printing a PDF form and a different Word document. The first only printed one line in the middle of the page, but the Word document did not print anything at all.
HP Recommended
Now that we have solved the blue tint problem, only 1 line of a document will print. There are 4 brand new cartridges it the printer. I have done all of the diagnostics: Clean printhead, quality report, printer status and they all print fine. When I run the Align printer, I keep getting the message that it is not aligning properly, but I can continue anyway. I tried printing a PDF form and a different Word document. The first only printed one line in the middle of the page, but the Word document did not print anything at all.
HP Recommended

Hello again drryanjames,

I'm sorry to hear there is another issue that has arose with the printer not passing the Alignment. I have the document you need to troubleshoot through this issue. I really hope this does the trick once and for all!

An 'Alignment failed' Error Message Displays on the Printer

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve the issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you, such as a replacement or trade in. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Thanks for posting again, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.